The "Create Your Own" event on May 30-31, 2011 in Berlin at Theater Aufbau Kreuzberg, Moritzplatz 1, 10969 Berlin.
The CYO 2011 is a unique opportunity to explore the reality and future behind individualisation, co-creation, and personalisation — mega trends that are shaping the European consumption landscape. The event is co-organized by a consortium of European companies and research institutes in the field of mass customization. Here is the semi-final agenda. Participation is 200,- Euro only — but register until May 1.
Monday, 30th of May 2011: CREATE YOUR OWN 2011 Company Showcase & Evening
The opening event will feature over fifty co-creation entrepreneurs, makers, researchers, technology experts, policy maker, and investors from around Europe. A press conference and special exhibition will present the makers and shapers of personalisation and customisation in Europe to a wider audience.
16:00 Registration starts
17:00 Opening Talk: Greetings & Event Overview
17:30 Showcase Exhibition Opening: Experience some of the best European CYO consumer good companies
19:00 Press event, film screening and recpetion: Create Your Own — The Official Movie, produced and directed by the London College of Fashion
Tuesday, 31st of May 2011: CREATE YOUR OWN 2011 Business Conference and Workshop
The business conference will provide a detailed look at innovative European start-ups that are quite literally giving the people what they want. At the seminar, plenary presentations and panels will look into the market for mass customisation, new business models connected with the trend, and the latest technologies that make it happen.
8.00 Registration starts
9:00 Welcome Addresss: John Cleuren, DG Research, European Commission
9:30 CYO Opening Presentation: The Mass Customization 500 – A Benchmarking Report of 500 CYO Offerings, Frank Piller (RWTH Aachen) & Dominik Walcher (Salzburg University of Applied Sciences)
10:00 Best Practice: How to sell dreams – The Success Story of Personal Novel, Jan-Christoph Goetze (Personal Novel)
10:30 Coffee & Networking Break
11:00 Best Practice: To be announced
11:30 Panel I: The market for customization & personalization – where will we go?
Moderator: Prof. Frank Piller, RWTH Aachen
- Thorsten Harzer, Boston Consulting Group/RWTH: “What about the MC market today?”
- Tom de Bruyne, Boondoggle: “How to sell your innovativeness”
- Michael Bruck, Chocri: “How to take the plunge to the US”
- Oliver Hickfang, Juuway: “Perspectives for European Companies to Sell Custom Goods to the Chinese Consumer”
- Rolf-Christian Wentz, Business Angel: “When are MC start-ups promising?”
- Paul Blazek, CyLEDGE: “Mass Customization at the Edge: the most curious CYO businesses”
13:30 Panel 2: The power of communities – Qualified open innovation and mass customization
Moderator: Prof. Thomas Fischer, ITV Denkendorf
Panel Keynote: How to realize the ideas of consumers, Hervé Francois (Color Textil) & Niels Hendriks (KH Limburg)
- Hervé Francois, Color Textil: “Designers as professional customers”
- Niels Hendriks, KHLim: “How to satisfy customer’s needs”
- Ellen Mutchler, Color Textil/ Digifabrix: “How to develop professional exchange platforms”
- Sue Jenkyn-Jones, London College of Fashion: “How to support the customer by Style Advice“
- Michiel Willemse, TNO: “3D printing of jewellery”
15:00 Coffee Break
15:30 Panel 3: Business models and platforms to run a successful mass customization business
Moderator: Sergio Dulio, Milano
Joint Panel Keynote: Platforms as collaborative business models for the future of mass customization: The cases of BivolinoServices and Customax, Bas Possen, Customax, and Michel Byvoet, Bivolino
- Andreas Kortmann. Matteo Dosso: “Being successful in a BtoBtoC market within 12 countries”
- Carine Moitier, Bivolino: “Bringing art into the customized apparel market”
- Philip Rooke, Spreadshirt: “How to let customers make money with their designs“
- Martin Meuser, Customate: ”How to collaborate with big players“
- Lotta Nordin, Adidas: ”Aligning mass production and mass customiaztion“
17:15 Wrap up and results of the the “Makers Incubator” (workshop)
17:30 Reception and Exhibition
SPECIAL OFFER: If your company is offering mass customization products or services, participate at the CYO 2011 showcase exhibition. This will be a great opportunity to showcase your offerings to a wider public, the CYO 2011 participants, and a large group of invited journalists and multiplicators. Participation at the exhibition is only 250,- Euro (including the 200,- Euro participation fee at the business seminar), but place is limited. For any exhibition requests, just check the CYO website.